Have you ever heard of Oreo Truffles? If you haven’t then definitely listen because they’re AMAZING! I must thank my brother and his girlfriend for introducing me to them. Thanks Omar and Catherine! This treat is super easy to make and requires no baking time. I just categorized them in baking because the recipe calls for Oreo cookies.
To make this delicious treat you will need the following:
1) 1 package of original Oreos
2) 1 package (8 oz.) of cream cheese
3) 16 oz of semi-sweet chocolate
Once you have all your ingredients you’re ready to get making the Oreo Truffles. Follow these steps:
1) Put your semi-sweet chocolate in a bowl to melt. You may melt it in the microwave for about 2-1/2 minutes & stir it every 30 seconds. If you don’t stir it’ll burn. We melted the chocolate with steam. You can do this while you follow the other steps.
2) Crush the Oreos into a finely crushed powder. It’s doesn’t have to be perfect, ours was a blend of fine powder to Oreo chunks. Save about a 1/4 cup of the crumbs for later.
3) Add the cream cheese to the Oreo powder. Use a fork to blend the both together. (If you taste this combination it taste like Oreo Cheesecake…Yum)
4) Take the cream cheese and Oreo batter and roll into about 1 inch balls. You’ll want to place them on wax paper lined cookie sheets. You’ll get about 40-48 Oreo balls.
Now comes the messy part.
5) Your semi-sweet chocolate should be melted by now. You’ll want to dip your Oreo balls into the melted chocolate, make sure it’s entirely covered. Then place it back on the cookie sheet. There’s no perfect way to dip, just pick a way that works best for you.
6) Take the 1/4 cup of the Oreo powder and sprinkle the chocolate covered Oreo Balls with it.
7) Refrigerate the Oreo balls for about 40 minutes or until the chocolate has firmed.
This recipe is really fun to make and DELICIOUS. There are different variations of it such as White Chocolate Oreo Truffles and Peppermint Oreo Truffles. It doesn’t matter which variation you make because you will undoubtedly enjoy them. The next time you’re craving chocolate or it’s a rainy day make these.
-The Hungry Red Fox
P.S. Here’s the recipes for Oreo Truffles
The Original Oreo Truffles
Peppermint Oreo Truffles & White Chocolate Oreo Truffles