I LOVE Italian food….there are literally no words to describe my love for it. One of my favorites is lasagna. Today’s recipe is my friend’s, Jesenia. It’s a really easy one to follow. A bonus is that it’s quick to make, which is perfect after a long school or work day.
You’ll need the following to get started:
- Pre-Cooked Lasagna (this cuts down the amount of cooking time)
- Ground Beef or Chicken (preferably the Italian seasoned kind)
- Shredded Mozeralla (we used Sargentos)
- Tomato Sauce (any kind you like)
- 1 Small Onion
- Olive Oil
Once you have your ingredients it’s time to get cooking 🙂
- Heat a skillet with about 1/2 teaspoon of Olive Oil
- While the skillet is heating up. Dice up your small onion. Add this in once your Olive Oil is warmed up.
- Saute the diced onion for about 2 minutes.
- Add in your choice of meat. (season if not seasoned) (we used about 1/4 of the meat in the packet)
- Let the meat and onion mixture cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add your choice of tomato sauce into your skillet and let it cook for another 5 minutes. ( we used vodka sauce)
- While your sauce is cooking slice up your portabella mushrooms. They don’t have to be small.
- Take your pan and add a layer of the sauce to the bottom.
- Lay your pre-cooked lasagna in the pan.
- Add a layer of ricotta cheese.
- Add a layer of sauce
- Add some mushrooms
- Add a layer of mozzerall cheese
- Repeat steps 10-13 until your pan is filled.
- Cook this for about 30 minutes or until your pre-cooked lasagna is done.
*We didn’t necessarily follow the layer steps because we were hungry 🙂
It looks like a lot of steps, but it’s not. You could make your own sauce if you’d like to. We didn’t because we were hungry and didn’t want to wait. The total time is about 45 to 50 minutes from start to finish. When it was done I was in lasagna heaven. It’s the perfect meal after a long day. It was cheesy and comforting. Next time you’re looking to make homey type meal try this one.
-The Hungry Red Fox