Sometimes we just need a quick and festive meal. Especially on days like Mondays when you’re just getting back into the groove of the work/school week. That’s why I’m sharing one of my favorite recipes. It’s a Quesadilla recipe. I think they’re festive because you can have it as fun bar food, a great appetizer, party food, or just as a meal. Anyhow they’re real simple and quick to make.
First, you’ll need your Quesadilla ingredients which are
- Ground beef, chicken, or turkey ( I personally use Turkey as the healthier alternative)
- Taco Seasoning (You can usually just buy the small packages)
- Flour Tortillas
- A package of blended Mexican cheese
Second, you’ll need your topping ingredients
- Sliced Lettuce
- Sour Cream
- Salsa (from a jar of made from scratch)
- 1 Avocado
Once you have all your ingredients it’s time to get cooking.
- Heat the skillet with and add cooking spray (or oil) and let that heat for about a minute
- Throw your beef in the skillet and add the seasoning in. You’ll cook for about 10-15 minutes depending on the amount of ground beef you decide to cook.
- Next take a flour tortilla and add the meat and then cheese. Then add another tortilla on top.
- Place the entire thing on a George Foreman type grill. If you don’t have one use a low heated skillets. You want to place the Quesadilla in the first one and add the second one on top. Leave the Quesadilla on the grill or skillet until it’s a golden color and toasted.
- Once your Quesadilla is toasted you can cut it up and add your toppings.
Total prep time is about 30 minutes or less. This recipe can feed 2 to 4 people and there will be leftovers for the week 🙂
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. It’s quick, fun, and very tasty. Plus it just has that warm comforting feeling that you need after a long day, mid-semester-itis, or the start of the week. Happy Fiesta Time!
-The Hungry Red Fox
P.S. I made my salsa from scratch. If you would like the recipe let me know. It’s authentic Mexican salsa, my mom’s recipe.